Glebe House, Shudy Camps, Cambridge CB21 4QH, UK
Day, evening, or weekend shifts available, Full and Part-time.
Entry salary of £22,389 (Full-time equivalent)
Glebe House is a Charity, established in 1965 to provide support for boys aged between 15-18. We need to grow our team so that we can expand upon our valuable work here, and it’s vital that we recruit the right people for this key role.
What sort of person do we need?
We value diversity, as the Glebe House Community mirrors the outside world. We have teams of staff with skills in arts and crafts, and those who are sporty. Most of all, we really want people who are community-spirited, open-minded, and passionate about providing support for young people.
Glebe House is a Charity, established in 1965 to provide support for young males aged between 15-18, who have displayed harmful sexual behaviours and may have other complex behavioural issues. It provides a year-round children’s home together with individualised treatment programmes of therapy and education, delivered on-site at our Independent Special School and carried out within a therapeutic community setting.
What We Offer
• Free parking on site
• Paid-for breaks
• Basic salary of £22,389
• Free meals/refreshments when on shift
• Pension – we offer 5% employer contribution (legal requirement is 3%)
• Enhanced DBS is essential, so we pay for this
• Overtime availability
• Access to an independent Employee Assistance Programme (free counselling, financial advice, legal information)
What You Will Need To Join Us
• A full driving licence – we’re on a rural site, on the borders of Cambridge, Suffolk, Hertford, Bury and Saffron Walden so you’ll need transport.
• A willingness to learn – alongside an extensive in-house Training programme, we’ll pay and support you with an essential Level 3 Diploma in Children and Young Persons qualification.
• We utilise the PACE method here (Playfulness, Acceptance, Curiosity and Empathy) as this helps to build emotional trust which is key when working with our boys, if you have experience of this method, great! Otherwise, this will form part of your free training package when you join us.
Monday-Friday anytime between 0800-1630
Monday-Friday anytime between 1630-2230
Saturday and Sunday up-to 10-hour shifts available
If you are interested in this post please apply by completing our Application Form using the link below.
If you are interested in this post and would like to discuss the role further please contact our HR Department on (01799) 584359.
We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity, welcoming and valuing applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
As part of our safer recruitment practices all posts will be subject to checks including an enhanced DBS.
A full employment history will need to be provided with an explanation of any employment gaps.
Due to our rural location, a current Driving Licence and access to transport is essential.