Glebe House, Shudy Camps, Cambridge CB21 4QH, UK
Full time average 38 hours per week (average). Overtime available subject to requirement
Entry salary of £22,389 (Full-time equivalent) - plus additional premium payments upon completion of probation.
The Trust seeks support workers that can build a rapport with boys aged 15 – 18 and nurture young minds to develop a better understanding of boundaries. Key working is an integral part of the support these boys need as they learn to improve and develop their social behaviour and responses. You will also be expected to support in off-site activities and holidays on a regular basis.
Glebe House is a Charity, established in 1965 to provide support for young males aged between 15-18, who have displayed harmful sexual behaviours and may have other complex behavioural issues. It provides a year-round children’s home together with individualised treatment programmes of therapy and education, delivered on-site at our Independent Special School and carried out within a therapeutic community setting.
What We Offer
• Pension – contributions higher than Government minimum requirement
• Access to an independent Employee Assistance Programme (free counselling, financial advice, legal information)
• Paid-for breaks
• Basic salary of £22,389
• Free meals/refreshments when on shift
• Enhanced DBS is essential, so we pay for this
• Overtime (subject to availability)
• Free parking on site
• Blue Light Card
What You Will Need To Join Us
• A full driving licence – we’re on a rural site, on the borders of Cambridge, Suffolk, Hertford, Bury and Saffron Walden so you’ll need transport.
• A willingness to learn – alongside an extensive in-house Training programme, we’ll pay and support you with an essential Level 3 Diploma in Children and Young Persons qualification.
• We utilise the PACE method here (Playfulness, Acceptance, Curiosity and Empathy) as this helps to build emotional trust which is key when working with our boys, if you have experience of this method, great! Otherwise, this will form part of your free training package when you join us.
Monday-Friday anytime between 0800-1630
Monday-Friday anytime between 1630-2230
Saturday and Sunday up-to 10-hour shifts available
If you are interested in this post please apply by completing our Application Form using the link below.
If you are interested in this post and would like to discuss the role further please contact our HR Department on (01799) 584359.
We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity, welcoming and valuing applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
As part of our safer recruitment practices all posts will be subject to checks including an enhanced DBS.
A full employment history will need to be provided with an explanation of any employment gaps.
Due to our rural location, a current Driving Licence and access to transport is essential.